Sunday, August 3, 2008

Meet my niece...

This is Ellah! My beautiful little niece born on 3 July, one day before Poppy's birthday, three weeks early. And let's just say it is a good thing that she was three weeks early because she was born weighing in at 9 pound three ounces (over 4 kgs)!

She was born by Caesarian because they finally discovered that the excruciating back pain Clare had been experiencing was actaully Ellah completely taking over the room that once belonged to Clare's kidneys. The kidneys were not happy (the sonographer told Clare they were 'angry kidneys') and Clare went into the early stage of kidney failure. Ouch!

Things are on the fast track to improvement now though and honestly, if there has ever been a big enough reward for such pain and drama it is Ellah - she is absolutely gorgeous! She has got THE MOST INCREDIBLE HAIR I have ever seen on a newborn!

I flew to Townsville for the day (yep life is that crazy at the moment) to meet her and take her newborn photos (We had intended for the the three of us to go up for a couple of days this weekend but Poppy's three millionth ear infection and the threat of grommets put an end to that as well...). Clare warned me before I got there that she really didn't look very newbornish so I shouldn't get too excited about newborn poses... And wow - not many two week olds look this alert:



But after some cuddles with her Aunty Fran Ellah did snuggle up for me so I could take some photos of her looking semi-newbornish:





Oh the hair! It reminded me of the hair styles of the 1920's - so cute!



She might be big for a newborn but she was still tiny for me considering my baby is now two! And she was still little enough to be cradled in her Daddy's hands (just):



With Mummy:



You may remember the next image from their maternity post. We did the same again with Ellah - cause we all know that this is where the bumps REALLY begin - unfortunately the weather wasn't as beautiful but we will do it again next time I head up that way :)



Much love to you all up there! Can't wait to see you again :)

Fran xoxox

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

she is just the most PRECIOUS thing...lovin' that hair, if Ionly I could get mine to look half as good!

August 5, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen......

September 12, 2008 at 2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home