Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pizza a la Valentine

Poppy is getting on in months... By the time we have our second bub she will be around three weeks off being three. This age has been such an eye opener for us. She is pretty much toilet trained, can tell us where she is sore, what she wants and how she wants it. She MUST wear a party dress EVERYDAY, MUST help us to butter the toast and MUST brush her own teeth. Most of the time she is a complete joy to behold and we love exploring this new territory with her.

On Valentine's Day last week in honour of her new found interest in all things of the 'big girl'kind, DJ pulled the bathroom stool into the kitchen and together they set about making pizza. Not just any pizza - but a heart shaped, dough and tomato sauce made from real ingredients, pizza. Poppy was in heaven.

I made the most of the opporunity and slunk away to the office to get some work done, but it wasn't long before the aroma and squeals of delight drew me back. These are some of the scenes I came upon:




Oh the joy of mashing tomatoes through a sieve:



I love the little trace of tomato sauce on the corner of her mouth - in true chef style she tasted her creation as she went:





The concentration - making tomato sauce is important work :)




Finishing up the dough and saving some for next time (yum):




And the result:



It was delicious and didn't last long, but I think for Poppy the real joy was spending a couple of hours in the company of her daddy. I don't think it was a chore for him either. They a make a good pair :)

Hope your Valentine's Day was just as lovely, heart warming and delicious.

Fran
xoxo

18 Comments:

Blogger kp said...

Love the stool shot!!! And the result look yummy!!!!!

February 20, 2009 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger Jane Photo said...

The pizza looks yummy...can she come and book at my house? I always try to convince parents (who are done in by the everyday) that the everyday is what they will eventually miss, and that magic is what you've captured here. I especially LOVE the one of her stubby little legs on the stool. It just took me back, way back, to my little girls on their little stools. And don't I miss having the images?

February 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these shots made me tear up a bit! Such a beautiful sight to capture a daddy having fun with his baby girl. The heart pizza looks delicious and what wonderful memories you have here!! Savour every moment!

February 22, 2009 at 5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Franny,

Simply gorgeous as ever.

Fun wasn't it!!!

I think we will do some butterfly cakes next time......

Love always and thanks for making a special moment even more special.

Your Poppy and DJ

February 22, 2009 at 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are such cool shots. I love the vintage feel to them. The pizza looked yummy!

February 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what FUN!!! that image of her on the stool is perfection.

Great pizza!!

February 25, 2009 at 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the little stool and her feet... oh my gosh... cute!

February 25, 2009 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger Alanna said...

Love the vintage feel to these! that pizza looks awesome... especially with those sweet little feet! Awesome job - thanks for sharing.

February 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so sweet. It looks like they had a great time!

March 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a pizza! My girls would absolutely love that! Love the shots!

March 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Sheye Rosemeyer said...

Oh these are gorgeous. She is gorgeous.
And umm, scuse me. Where is that dress from?
S x

March 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger eglassphotography said...

I just love the timeless feel of these. Your use of color and texture is just spot on. What a lucky girl to have you for a 'best' friend! And vice versa, I'm sure!

March 3, 2009 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger amazing grace said...

what precious shots!!!! these are so, so fun and sweet!

March 5, 2009 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger lumin-essence said...

Thanks for your comments everyone - especially my lovelys DJ and Poppy; you are my daily inspiration. Miss Sheye the dress is actually a shirt and is from Next in the UK... very pretty isn't it?

xoxoxo

March 5, 2009 at 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, Fran! I love these - I feel like I was there bakin' n' shootin' too. You have an adorable family and I love that pizza! They did a great job. :) (And mygoodness, lucky girl getting that boy to comment here for the world to see ;) heehee)

March 6, 2009 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger Kori Hiser said...

The pizza looks really yummy!! I really love the stool shot!!
Love the vintage feel on all of these.

March 7, 2009 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Lisa Butcher said...

This is soooooooooo sweet! I love it. What a darling candid shoot!

March 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This was so adorable! I loved every picture. She is a sweetheart for sure! So glad I saw your blog link at Shey's site today and clicked over : )

September 28, 2009 at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home