Friday, March 13, 2009

Testing... Testing...

My blog will very soon be getting a face lift... YAY!

Until then I want my images BIGGER! So now that I am a flickr user (thanks Miss Sheye!) I thought I would give this a go. Let's see if it works.

This is my Poppy and HER 'Baby Ellah'. Ellah is HER cousin, NOT my niece apparently, even though her mummy is definitely my sister. This is the world of an almost three year old...

IMAGE TEMPORARILY REMOVED

And because I have already had a few questions about the chair... The chair belongs to my Mum and Dad, or Poppy's Granny and Pa actually (because we all know it is ALL about her). They have had this setting for as long as I can remember and talk regularly about replacing it, but it continues to sit loyally in the front lounge of their house. As kids we jumped on it, dove off it and made cubby houses with sheets around it... As teens we lazed and watched TV on it and hung out with friends on it... As adults we drink tea and chat on it and as a pregnant adult I occasionally have a wee snooze on it while Poppy is off in cahoots with HER Granny.

This setting isn't as comfortable as it once was... The seat cushions are propped up with cushions underneath and the lumpiness is becoming more apparent with each visit - and each snooze. It could, however, tell a LOT of stories and is a bit like a favourite jumper that no longer keeps you warm because it is so threadbare - I love it anyway.
I plan to snaffle it when they do eventually replace it ( I can hear my husband's shudder already - 'where WILL we put it Fran?'). I do have three other siblings who may want a look in, but with two arm chairs, one three seater and two gorgeous 'little people' chairs I am sure we can come to an agreement :)

Have a great weekend.

Fran x

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chair is a MUST have and the image is just wonderful!

March 13, 2009 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute capture, and that chair, to die for.

March 17, 2009 at 1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!Your niece looks like a little doll! They are both gorgeous and have to agree - you so need that chair!

March 19, 2009 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Denise Snyder said...

This capture is magical!!! Love everything about it and OH THAT CHAIR! You totally NEED to keep it!

March 20, 2009 at 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*GASP* Divine. The girls. The chair. The pp. The photographer :D. Love them all!

March 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fran, I'm Vanessa - I found you on Flickr (through Sheye). your imags are stunning and fresh and oh so lovely:) You have a wonderful weekend too:) Vx

March 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*images....I can spell just can't type:)

March 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jane Photo said...

So wonderful. Just fantastic.

March 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger sherry boles~ said...

How absolutely beautiful!!

March 22, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Alanna said...

Wow. Beautiful capture. I love the location, the chair and those beautiful children! Great work1

March 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger kp said...

OHH I love this image & the chair is a MUST have!!!

March 25, 2009 at 4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a gorgeous shot!

March 27, 2009 at 4:50 AM  
Blogger eglassphotography said...

Oh my, such beautiful little girls in that awesome chair. LOVE the light you captured. Beautiful work, as always!

March 27, 2009 at 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful shot and the chair is fabulous!!

April 4, 2009 at 5:38 AM  
Anonymous Chelsey said...

Okay... now drumming my fingers on the keyboard... hello blog face lift, are you out there? Or still in recovery? We want to seeeee youuuuu :)

April 14, 2009 at 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Jackie Jean said...

gorgeous!

April 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Marla said...

Beautiful image and I LOVE that chair. What a sweet shot. :)

April 26, 2009 at 4:58 AM  
Anonymous Gina said...

awwww...those girls are so darn cute!

May 19, 2009 at 11:43 PM  
Blogger kp said...

Do you have a new blog now?

May 20, 2009 at 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Marla said...

Aww, they are both just adorable. Love the chair, too.

May 29, 2009 at 1:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your chair. And your little poppy. And her baby : ) Very sweet!

September 28, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home